Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mosey on Over to Decisions at Sundown...

Yup...that's the western blog I've mentioned in the past. It hasn't been updated by me in a long while, but thankfully the incredibly smart people I share blog duties with over there have picked up the slack. The most recent entry being Ed Howard -- of the deeply rich and resplendent movie blog Only the Cinema -- and his take on the classic Hawkes helmed El Dorado. Check it out. Also, check out Jon Lanthier's (the creator of Decisions at Sundown) essay on one of my very favorite films of the year, The Limits of Control. Ed's take on this fine Jarmusch film can be found at his site, here. I'll be chiming in with some western reviews soon enough...but first I need to take care of my daunting must-see list of 2009 films. Until then acquaint yourself with these fine pieces.

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the links, Kevin! I've been slacking, but I definitely intend to do some more Western reviews regularly now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Ed. I've had parts of a review for One Eyed Jacks just sitting half-finished on my computer for about a month now...I just can't seem to finish it. Hopefully I will be able to in the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kev, and Ed, too! I've been slacking myself, but ya know, some personal issues have been eating up the majority of my spare time. I too hope to start updating the blog more regularly -- I've got around 80 or more unwatched westerns on my hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of westerns on my hard drive, too. I've also been planning a piece on The Three Burials... for a "best western of the decade" post...but I just can't seem to get back to it. I'm thinking once all the year-end/decade-end stuff I feel obligated to do is over with I can move one and start writing about films that weren't just released.

    ReplyDelete