Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Announcing the 3rd Annual Italian Horror Blogathon



The Italian Horror Blogathon returns! Many people have helped in making this a success in the past. I hope you'll all return this year. As you may know, I have no set criteria for what you need to write about. It could be a film about cannibals, zombies, or black-gloved killers. Some people like to focus on the giallo and the films of the ‘60s and ’70s – specifically Bava, Martino, Deodato, and Argento; while others prefer the ‘80s/early '90s era of Italian horror focusing on films by the likes of Argento, Michele Soavi, Lamberto Bava and Lucio Fulci. Whatever it is that you want to cover, it’s okay by me as long as it follows this simple criteria: it’s horror, and it’s from Italy.  All I ask is that you link to the blogathon in your post; I’ll keep a running links post at the top of the page every day during the blogathon.

If you can please let me know what you’re interested in writing about in the comments, it may get others to think about an alternative route if too many people are covering the same film. Below, you'll find details on how to participate and banners (located after the jump) to help promote the blogathon. Thanks again, everyone! I'm really looking forward to this year.

Here are the details for you to copy and paste on your blog if you'd like:

When: October 24-31
Where: Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies
What to do: Write about Italian horror and promote the blogathon on your blog
How to participate: Simply think of something you want to review and send it to me via email or comments section with a link to your piece.







15 comments

  1. I've been looking forward to this all year! I'm planning on writing about Joe D'Amato's DEATH SMILES ON A MURDERER (LA MORTE HA SORRISO ALL'ASSASSINO) and Luigi Batzella's THE DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT (IL PLENILUNIO DELLE VERGINI), with possibly one or two more to be decided upon later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Autopsy review will be posted with some screengrabs of Mimsy Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Thanks, guys! I look forward to these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed last year's blogathon. I'd like to write about Lamberto Bava's Demons, if it's not already taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry: That would be great! I love DEMONS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so excited! No clue what I'm going to write about yet, but I'll try to make it something obscure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. I always appreciate your entries. One of these years, we need to collaborate on a post.

      Delete
  7. As I mentioned over at Tim's blog, I have THE CHURCH on my to-watch list for this month, so I'll be happy to contribute something on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I look forward to reading it. Thanks, James.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kevin! I read about your upcoming blogathon on Stacia's She Blogged By Night site. If you've got room, I'd like to chime in with a post on Dario Argento's PHENOMENA. Thanks, and cool idea for a blogathon!

      Delete
    3. Awesome, Jeff. Welcome to the blog! I look forward to your take on PHENOMENA. I love that movie.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kevin, looking forward to this! I'll cover Martino's TORSO if it isn't taken yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    I'm working on a piece about THE HOUSE OF THE LAUGHING WINDOWS. What is the email address to which I should send the link, please?

    Thank you so much for hosting this very cool event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nitrate Diva:

      There's a links page here: http://kolson-kevinsblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/italian-horror-blogathon-links.html

      Use the comments section there to submit the link to your piece. I will update that links page whenever I get the submission. Thanks for your interest in this, and I can wait to read your thoughts on Avati's film. It's one of my favorites.

      Delete