I apologize for the lack of content lately, but as summer inches nearer and nearer I look forward to the sunshine and no work because my time frees up, and I am able to blog again. I have a number of ideas in the hopper; I just haven't been able to find the time to execute any of these ideas. I just wanted to get this blog post out so that you all know I'm still around and still trying to publish content. More thoughts after the jump...
Here's the rundown of what's to come over the next three to four months:
- Director's Retrospective returns as I tackle the films of Sydney Pollack (the antithesis of my last retrospective subject, Ken Russell)
- Summer of Slash -- One of my favorite features will make it's return for the third straight year. Look for these to be more on every-few-days kind of thing as I mix in other posts to offset the all-horror-all-the-time feel this blog sometimes has
- Action 101 -- I recently watched Mission Impossible 4, and it got me thinking about the state of the action film. I plan on taking a look at a handful of films and talking about why they work as action films.
- Film syllabi -- I'm a teacher and naturally I spend a lot of time during my day constructing classes or thinking about how I want to teach a certain subject, what objectives I want the students to hit, and what the outcomes for the class will be...this led me to thinking that it might be kind of fun to do on the blog in a kind of "question of the day" type deal. Essentially, if you were teaching a 10 week class on Film Noir, what films would you choose and what outcomes would you want for the class (the reason for choosing those films)? And other questions in that vein. I'm going to try and flesh this idea out a little more.
- Random reviews -- I have a lot of movies from 2011 still to watch, and during the summer when I'm not watching other movies for a series I'm doing on the blog, I may throw some random thoughts on here about more recent movies. I think I'm going to start doing this in much more loose, "film diary" form.
- Music -- I know we haven't done a Record Club entry in a long time, but once a month I'm going to try and feature one of my favorite albums on here.
- Books -- Same as above...I have a huge summer reading list, but I will keep this to my Twitter account since I don't want to flood the blog with too much non-movie stuff (by the way...follow me on Twitter @StiglitzMovies)
- Finally, in October, get ready for the third Italian Horror Blogathon. I'm going to set some rules for myself this year (I'm sticking to a certain time period, for example), and I hope you all will once again join me this October. There will be more on this later.