Thursday, May 26, 2011

Record Club #2 -- Brand New



I have the honor of selecting the second album for the Record Club that Ed Howard has started (if you haven't checked out the first discussion at Ed's site on The Congos' seminal reggae album, The Heart of the Congos, you should do so now), and I decided to do a complete 180 from Ed's choice. My choice for this month's selection is the Radiodead-y (think The Bends and a little bit of OK Computer if it were done by a band from Long Island) 2006 album by Brand New entitled The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me. If you want to participate in the discussion, all you need to do is give the album a few listens (and it will take a few, I'm sure, for some of you to warm up to it...and I hope you do) and come back here on June 27 ready to discuss the album. If you would like to help promote the discussion and the club, you can post the banner on your site.

I look forward to the discussion on June 27!

2 comments

  1. Nice! Looking forward to it, Kevin. I've posted banners and links on my own blogs now.

    ReplyDelete