Saturday, October 2, 2010

Images from a night of movie watching without my wife...

So my wife is gone this weekend at school (she's in a program that meets two weekends every month at Portland St.), and so I decided to be mature and instead of throwing a big party I decided to work on my work samples for my masters degree. I need background noise when I work...so I went to the one genre that always gets me through schoolwork (surprisingly not horror): the action film*. Here are some images of what motivated me while I typed up lesson plans, assessment data analysis, and other various forms of busy work. Enjoy. (oh, and in case anyone is wondering where the second episode thoughts for "Boardwalk Empire" are...sorry. I just don't have the time. The Q&D, though: Michael Shannon is awesome. Oh, and "Eastbound and Down" was highly disappointing considering the amount of talent working on that show.)
















*One thing I did notice when I randomly payed attention to these movies: Andrew Davis is a really goo action filmmaker, and his Above the Law is not only the best Seagal movie, but it might be one of the better action films of the 80's. Out for Justice is just goofy, Bronson-esque vigilante fun, and of course Under Siege is beyond awesome thanks to a brilliantly manic performance from Tommy Lee Jones...oh, and Garey Busey!

5 comments

  1. This brings back memories of a tie when I actually movies such as this one very seriously ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Fucking LOVE Under Siege. I really need to re-watch that one sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A knife in the forehead NEVER gets old. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Above the Law gets a bad rap because of Seagal, but it is quite good, as you say. Under Siege is just a blast. Hard to Kill and Marked for Death are a little better than Out for Justice, but not by much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting concept for a post. I think if I did a piece on images from a night of movie watching without Mrs F present, there'd a be lot of images of Edwige Fenech.

    A lot.

    ReplyDelete